Oil & Gas Pipelines
- Qualify the Operation of Steel Flanges using In-Situ ABI Testing
- "In-Situ ABI Testing to Determine Yield Strength, Pipe Grade, and Fracture Toughness of In-Service Oil and Gas Pipelines," Russian Oil and Gas Technology, April 2011, pp. 22-29
- Comments on PHMSA’s Proposed Integrity Verification Process (IVP) for Oil and Gas Pipelines
- Standard Test Methods for: “Nondestructive and Localized Determination of Stress-Strain Curve and Initiation Fracture Toughness of Ferritic Steel Samples and Structures Using Haggag Tensile and Toughness Method (HTTM)” November 2105
- In-Situ Automated Ball Indentation® (ABI®) Testing of A350 Steel Flanges at Ambient Temperature for Offshore Qualifications at -46°C (-50°F)
- "In-Situ Measurement of Tensile and Fracture Toughness Properties and Determination of Pipe Grade Using the Innovative ABI Test," Gas Technology Institute Project 20568, Final Report, November 2008
- "In-Situ Monitoring of Hydrogen Embrittlement in Ferritic Steel Pipelines," International Conference on Fracture, ICF12, Ottawa, July 12-17, 2009.
"Indentation technique provides pipeline integrity monitoring," Oil & Gas Journal, Pennwell, Aug. 14, 2006, pp. 58-62. (2.5MB)
- "Nondestructive Determination of Yield Strength and Stress-Strain Curves of In-Service Transmission Pipelines Using Innovative Stress-Strain MicroprobeTM Technology," Final report to Office of Pipeline Safety / Department of Transportation, ATC/DOT/990901, September 1999.
- "Innovative SSM Technology Determines Structural Integrity of Metallic Structures: Example Applications for Pressure Vessels and Oil and Gas Pipelines," Proceedings from The Arab International Conference in Recent Advances in Physics and Materials Science, Alexandria, Egypt, Sept. 18-20, 2005.
- "In-Service Nondestructive Measurements of Stress-Strain Curves and Fracture Toughness of Oil and Gas Pipelines: Examples of Fitness-for-Purpose Applications." 5th International Conference on Pipeline Rehabilitation & Maintenance, Bahrain, 2002.
- Microprobe (SSM) Technology,""In-Situ Nondestructive Measurements of Key Mechanical Properties of Pressure Vessels Using Innovative Stress-Strain Final report No. DOE/ER/82115-1, Award no. DE-FG02-96ER82115, 1997.
- Why the Hardness Test Can Not Determine Yield Strength
- "Welding Procedure Qualification and In-Service Weld Integrity Assessment Using Innovative Nondestructive Technology": Proceedings of the International Conference on The Joining of Metals, JOM-11," Helsingor, Denmark, May 25-28, 2003.
- Nondestructive Determination of Fracture Toughness of Alloy 718 Welded Structures Using Novel Stress-Strain Microprobe Technology," Final Report No. DOE/ER/82316-1; Award No. DE-FG02-97ER82316, 1998.
- "The Use of Field Indentation Microprobe in Measuring Mechanical Properties of Welds," Recent Trends in Welding Science and Technology, TWR'89, ASM, 1990, pp. 843-849.
- "Measurement of Yield Strength and Flow Properties in Spot Welds and Their HAZs at Various Strain Rates," International Trends in Welding Sciences and Technology, ASM, 1993, pp. 637-642. (1075K)
- "Application of Flow Properties Microprobe to Evaluate Gradients in Weldment Properties", International Trends in Welding Sciences and Technology, ASM, 1993, pp. 629-635.
- "Nondestructive Detection and Assessment of Damage in Aging Aircraft Using a Novel Stress-Strain Microprobe System," SPIE Proceedings on "Nondestructive Evaluation of Aging Aircraft, Airports, and Aerospace Hardware," Vol. 2945, 1996, pp. 217-228.
Nuclear Pressure Vessels
- "Effects of Irradiation Temperature on Embrittlement of Nuclear Pressure Vessel Steels," Effects of Radiation on Materials: 16th International Symposium, ASTM STP 1175, A. S. Kumar, D. S. Gelles, R. K. Nanstad, and E. A. Little, Eds., Philadelphia, 1993, pp. 172-185.
ABI technology is backed by the highest quality of published scientific research.
- "Using Portable/In-Situ Stress-Strain Microprobe System to Measure Mechanical Properties of Steel Bridges During Service," SPIE Proceedings on "Nondestructive Evaluation of Bridges and Highways," Vol. 2946, 1996, pp. 65-75.
- "Use of Portable/In Situ Stress-Strain Microprobe System to Measure Stress-Strain Behavior and Damage in Metallic Materials and Structures," ASTM STP 1318, 1997, pp 85-98.
- "A Novel Stress-Strain Microprobe for Nondestructive Evaluation of Mechanical Properties of Materials," Nondestructive Evaluation and Materials Properties III, The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society, 1997, pp. 101-106.
- "Nondestructive and Localized Measurements of Stress-Strain Curves and Fracture Toughness of Ferritic Steels at Various Temperatures Using Innovative Stress-Strain Microprobe™ Technology." Final report No. DOE/ER/82115-2, Award No. DE-FG02-96ER82115, 1999.
- "Computer Controlled Indentation System," Final report for DoD SBIR Contract No. N00421-96-C-1121, 1998.
- "Appendixes A, B, and C of "Computer Controlled Indentation System," Final report for DoD SBIR Contract No. N00421-96-C-1121, 1998.
- "Structural Integrity Evaluation Based on an Innovative Field Indentation Microprobe," ASME PVP-Vol. 170, 1989, pp. 101-107.
- "Estimating Fracture Toughness Using Tension or Ball Indentation Tests and a Modified Critical Strain Model," ASME PVP-Vol. 170, 1989, pp. 41-46.
- "Determination of Luders Strains and Flow Properties in Steels from Hardness/Microhardness Tests," Metallurgical Transactions A, Vol. 14A, 1983, pp. 1607-1613.
- "Microprobe system measures strength and toughness," Advanced Materials & Processes, ASM Int'l., Sept, 2006, pp. 41-43. (264k)
- K.L.Murty, M.D.Mathew, P.Q.Miraglia, V.N.Shah and Fahmy M Haggag, "Non-destructive Evaluation of Deformation and Fracture Properties of Materials Using Stress-Strain Microprobe," Non-destructive Characterisation of Materials in Aging Systems, R.L.Crane, J.D.Achenbach, S.P.Shah, T.E.Matikas, P.T.Khuri-Yakub and R.S.Gilmore, Materials Research Society, Pennsylvania, USA,(1998), pp.327-337.
- "Characterization of Strain-Rate Sensitivity of Sn-5%Sb Solder Using ABI Testing," Microstructures and Mechanical Properties of Aging Materials II, TMS 1995, pp. 37-44.
- "In-Situ Measurements of Mechanical Properties Using Novel Automated Ball Indentation System," ASTM STP 1204, 1993, pp. 27-44.
- "Use of Automated Ball Indentation Testing to Measure Flow Properties and Estimate Fracture Toughness in Metallic Materials," ASTM STP 1092, 1990, pp. 188-208.